This page contains a selection of titles relating to dissertations/theses research and writing. For more titles, search the catalogue.
- Completing Your PhD by Williams, Kate et al.Call Number: LB2386 .C65 2011Publication Date: 2011-07-15Based on students' direct experiences, topics include developing your argument, planning your time, editing, what examiners are looking for, talking about your research, and the viva.
- Revising Your Dissertation by Luey, BethCall Number: LB2369 .R49 2008Publication Date: 2007-10-15This guide offers hard-to-find practical advice on successfully turning a dissertation into a book or journal articles that will appeal to publishers and readers. It will help prospective authors master writing and revision skills, better understand the publishing process, and increase their chances of getting their work into print.
- Researching and Writing a Dissertation by Colin FisherCall Number: LB2369 .F537 2010Publication Date: 2010-07-14Researching and Writing your Dissertation is a guide for students undertaking research projects as part of a postgraduate qualification in business or management. Seven chapters guide the reader through the process from choosing a topic, to gathering and analysing data, and finally writing and presenting the results.
About the book
From finding a topic to writing and reviewing your work, Researching and Writing Dissertations is an essential tool for anyone working on a dissertation or business report. This new edition is now suitable for students studying the CIPD Level 7 Advanced units Investigating a Business Issue and Using Information in HR but is equally relevant for all non-CIPD students too. Covering everything from strategies for finding and developing a dissertation topic and how to develop a research proposal through to what methodology to use and how to analyse your data, this is the only book you need to write clear, effective and compelling dissertations and reports.
In addition to practical guidance on the researching and writing up of projects, this book includes essential guidance on effective time management and how to ensure that projects are completed and submitted on time as well as invaluable insights through real-life student and supervisor comments. Fully supported by online resources including an instructor's manual and lecturer slides as well as templates, checklists and quizzes for students, Researching and Writing Dissertations is a book that anyone working on dissertations, research projects or business reports can't afford to be without.
Table Of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Preface and Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: Strategies for Finding and Developing a Dissertation Topic;
- Chapter - 02: The Key Skills Tested in the Dissertation;
- Chapter - 03: The Research Proposal;
- Chapter - 04: How Can I Manage My Time and Complete on Time?;
- Chapter - 05: Theory and Literature;
- Chapter - 06: Methodology;
- Chapter - 07: Data, and How to Analyse It;
- Chapter - 08: Data Analysis and Representation;
- Chapter - 09: The Craft of Writing, and Introductions and Conclusions;
- Chapter - 10: Reviewing and Evaluating Your Dissertation